Saturday, December 17, 2005

If life gives you chocolates, hide 'em from your neighbour

Next week is e-learning week which means will be "attending lessons" from home. Cool huh? haha...

It's given me an oppurtunity to finally do mor estuff with my open source project, BlogSuite.

Essentially, it's a custom blog that uses PHP and MySQL and JavaScript. It's going to be very powerful and will support modules so people who want to install plugins don't need to recompile the source or hack anything.

It's technically at the Alpha stage but about 30% of the project still remains at pre-pre-Alpha so I won't be releasing the code on sourceforge it just yet.

An example of a plugin would be my Post Editor. The post editor was done from scratch and is almost perfect. Except for one tiny problem/feature which i have no idea how to implement. And hence, I've also included another post editor and it's open source too. I've tried studying the other editor's code but i couldn't find a way to implement this feature into mine. More on this feature as i progress forward.


Anywayz, here's something interesting for you to do if you've got no life and spend the whole day sitting in front of the computer doing pointless things.

Which is why I've never tried it out myself. :p

Cool Math Trick
1. Grab a calculator (You won't be able to do this one in your head)
2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the new Singapore Prefix code-if your number is 6-123-4567, the 1st 3 digits are 123)
3. Multiply by 80
4. Add 1
5. Multiply by 250
6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number
7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again
8. Subtract 250
9. Divide number by 2

Do you recognize the answer?

Funny eh.. This one has got something to do with at the point you add in your last 4 digits, it all ties it in somehow...

I'm waiting for one where i only need to input a few numbers to get the rest of the numbers.


The other day I went to school with a splitting headache after having slept for oni an hour. I spent the whole night reformatting and reinstalling my system.

I'm like that. Either I don't sleep, or i sleep at least 6 hours. If it's anything in between, I get a headache. I can't take naps if I'm sleepy.

And what the docs' say about a minimum 8 hours of sleep, that's real man. If i get 8 hours of dreamless sleep, I wake up the next day feeling shiok! haha..

The best part of it all was that this was a day that i could not skip school.

I had a test(I thought i did). I had to do some filming. Had to digitize some stuff.

If i didn't have those things on, I would've skipped school without a second thought.

I was also suppose to do some fishing at my school's "pond" but it was raining so i had to cancel that too..

FusionStream, out.

No comments: