Monday, September 26, 2005

Operation Roti: Roti Kosong.. lol..

So Friday came.. Operation Roti!!!

So i got ready. I was really very early this time. I was like half an hour early. I brought my friggin tall 12 ft rod... and my one piece 6ft rod for my BC reel and a Shakespeare Connoisseur with my Shimano SHIP Aperto XT 1000...

So i went to the bus stop to catch my bus to go to Bedok where i was supposed to meet Vin and Gary at around 5pm. It was going to be an overnight trip.

So i got on the crowded bus right. My rod was so tall that i had to put it in at an angle. There was absolutely no space. Nobody wanted to move in.. And there were so many people coming down from the top deck of the bus, that i had no choice but to stand right in front of the exit.

So i knew that the stop at Eastpoint would definitely see more passengers alighting.. So i patiently waited till then to get my chance to move further into the bus.

So the stop came, and i tried to make myself as miniscule as possible. As expected, it turned out that I was blocking the path for some people. Nobody made any noise or sound except for maybe some polite "excuse me"s.

Then comes this 40-50 year old fucker who was standing right behind me since the time I got on the bus, he makes this loud "tsk tsk" noise and proceeds to shove me out of the way and alight from the bus.

So i said back loudly...
"No other space to go right?"

KNN.. His head immediately turned man.. He was spoiling for a fight right from the start. KNN.. Then he got off the bus and said in Mandarin, "lai! lai!" which means "come here"...

KNN... I was so fucking pissed off by that asshole that i shouted back, in the bus, "You come back in here lah!"

Then he was like so shocked that he like just stopped everything.. haha.. His hands stopped waving for me to come out and he stopped talking.. Then to top it off, the bus began to move away and the doors closed.. haha.. Talk about timing man...

The best part of it all was, as he stopped waving his arms and all, i noticed another woman standing behind him with sad eyes. Probably his wife who knows that that fucker thinks he a fucking big shot..

Dumbass...

So i finally reached Bedok Interchange, about half an hour earlier that my planned meeting time. SMSed Gary to find out if he was there yet... Turned out he was... So met him at the benches there and found out he was just about to buy some torchlights for our trip later...

So we went to meet Cateye who, as usual, was late.. haha.. lol... He sold gary his torch and then we went to meet Vin who looked a bit irked that we were late... haha..

So Vin picked us up from in front of the Bedok MRT Station and drove us to the carpark about 1 kilometre away by car, also in Bedok.. haha.

We went to eat at some coffee shop in Bedok Central with Gary going to look in at some friendly neighbourhood shops.

Then Vin told us about a posible division between Lorry Gang for our fishing spots that nite due to the integrity of a certain secret spot wanting to be preseved by some members.

BirdmanSim wasn't with us again. Citing some work commitments.

Anywayz.. We met each other at Sincere Tackle. I bot some weights, they bot some bait. And pretty soon, we were off to recce our first spot, suggested by Weiyee..

We went. We saw. We disapproved. lol.

Oldman was mentioning that it was still too early to go to HIS spot so weiyee suggested that we go recce another one of his spots..

So we reached this very nice place that was a shipyard, but other than that, fishing was a no no there. There were no rod stands. No railings. No soil at the edge of the road which was next to the water with which to stick our rod holders.

So after chit chatting about this spot and our upcoming boat trip, we left this place for our secret spot...

We all unpacked our heavy gear, and Ice was left to carry the heavy container full of hot water, for our coffee while i carried his fishing rod.

The supposed spot required us to trek across barren dessert with patches of grass, not unlike the tiberium in the game Tiberian Sun.

It took us a good 20++ minutes with full gear and all to reach the spot only to find out that that was the wrong spot. So me and Calvin went in search of the "real" spot. It took us some while to find the spot. Then we had to walk back all over again to retrieve our stuff and lead our fellow Lorry Gang members back to that spot... Si beh tiring sia.. haha...

So we tried that spot and got a few good bites. I even had a hook up but my rod was so damn far away and the terrain so dangerous that by the time i got there, it was too late.

Unfortunately, that spot was also a sangkut heaven(where your hooks or sinkers get stuck in between rocks). When VIN caught an eel, we knew that spot was dead for the time being. So we shifted to another spot that Calvin and I had seen earlier, this damn sweet lagoon.

We casted.. and waited... We all knew it was doubtful we'd catch anything.. Esp at that period of time. The water was shallow, the seabed was virtually empty.. No rocks or anything for fish to hide in. I started playing withmy casting my multiplier.. I casted it out. I reeled it back in. And i kept that up for a while.. haha..

Me and Vin each got a small Gurama near the end of our escapade but that was it...

We called it a day soon after i caught my Gurama and Vin dropped me off at the Bedok MRT station at approximately 7 in the morning.

I slept pretty soundly after that.. haha..

As i complete this post, one week after the fact, i am actually at home, because my family and I decided to stay at home for tonight, instead of at the chalet that we have booked.

Other stuff did happen throut the week like this super cute girl that was in the train. She had about her this look of a Singaporean version of the character Sara, in the US Comedy show, Joey. Damn hot and cute.. haha..

Then there was the event of where you know those digital watches can actually reflect sunlight like a mirror? haha.. well, I was busy reflecting sunlight into this sleeping guy's eyes on the MRT.. haha..

But the simple fact is, anything else that happened doesn't mean shit to me now compared to what I'm gonna include in my next post. It all started on the day that my family was about to occupy the chalet we were renting. Make no mistake though, it's got nothing to do with the chlet itself, but with that day. Chilling.

Cheers.

In the mean time, check out these websites:
http://www.iusedtobelieve.com/
http://www.everythingsoundslikecoldplaynow.com/

No comments: