Sunday, September 18, 2005

Lolly Chia Lolly Chia.. lol..

So I went to the BJT(Bedok Jetty) gathering for Fishing Kaki people yesterday nite(Overnight fishing. 5pm to 9am). I'm a Premium Kaki u know? haha..

I met a number of people who I've talked online with but have never met in person before. This included Edmund who apologised for the misunderstanding that we had last time. I did likewise.

Without further ado, i set up my rod at the inner part of the left most jetty. My favourite spot had already been taken up you see.. haha

Things happened that weren't worth mentioning, etc......

We had our dinner which was cooked by Edmund's mom. It was nice. haha..

The night wasn't going as well as i had hoped in terms of fishing and some of the other Lorry Gang Members were already contemplating going to another spot in Punggol

Gary, Ice and me then went to the toilet while talking all about ghosts and fishing.. haha..
When we came back, we found out that Melvin had caught a fish. A medium large sized KimBakLor, or Barramundi. And by medium large i reference the size that the KBL can grow to.. It was slightly less than 2 feet long. That's big man.

We changed our minds about moving to Punggol that instant.. haha..

About 2-3 hours later, i caught one Ah Seng.(A type of catfish) The wind was blowing as you would expect for it to blow at the sea. Some people tot it was cold, but i didn't.. haha.. I was "hardened" up by my trip to Genting with absolutely no jacket.

Ok... that sounded very wrong... :p

Most of us went to sleep becuz it didn't really look like a good fishing night.

I too, went to sleep albeit with much discomfort. First i tried sleeping on the floor, with my back resting against one of the benches there.

Whenever i go to sleep tense(knowing that I'm outside of my house and can, oh, say fall of the side of the friggin jetty.. lol), I always wake up with some degree of a headache. For you geeks, it means if i sleep a light sleep, longer than i normally would, I get a headache.

When that became apparently un-sleep-worthy, i sat on the bench and went to sleep. Imagine me sitting up straight and sleeping.. And somehow or other, i did manage to go to sleep. haha... That was a BIG mistake.. My head hurt even more now.. haha..

I decided to walk around a bit. I fiddled with my fishing rod. That's when this strong wind began to blow. Imagine your face in front of your house fan at speed 3 plus a little bit more. This wind was cold and was blowing over my whole body. The best part was that this wind just started all of a sudden and didn't die down or anything.











At first it was all quiet save for the wind. Everybody from me to the guys sleeping in their hammocks were all in sensory overload. Many of them were also only half awake.

Think of this. Heavy fishing rods were being blown down. A tin container(the kind that you get your fishballs in when you cater food), with food inside, was blown away. Not blown down!!! Blown AWAY!!! Actually, it was 2 containers.

Some of the guys began to pack up their stuff. I did too.. Then the rain came.

At first, it was a soft pitter patter. But within a few seconds, it was like a mini-Katrina, with all due respect to those involved in the real thing. All of us rushed to this small little shelter that someone had concocted by tying a ground mat to the railings on the jetty. I was one of the last so i got stuck with holding the the damn thing down so that the raffia used to tie the sucker down, wouldn't brake. And in the middle were all the adults... lol.

Then there was Jack, one of the mods right in the middle, sleeping away in the safety of his black trash bag, completely covered by it. lol.

Learning from my previous boat trip, I DIDN't go out and fish while it was raining. Not this time. This time, it wasn't that likely that i would even catch a fish in that weather. Not like the other time on the boat.

Since almost everyone else was getting wet, with me probably being one of the wettest, someone decided that Jack should also be involved in this brotherhood of sorts. haha.. So they cut a hole in the trash bag, and then poured in some HL Banana Milk.. wahaha.. It took a while, but the curses soon began to start as everyone else started laughing and Jack poked his fingers around the bag, searching for the hole.

Then almost as suddenly as the run had started, it stopped. Everyone else got out from under that shelter quickly as our legs were killing us. In fact, i had been squatting on my foot at such an angle that the bottom part of my sandal, broke off from the main part of the sandal.

Some of us wanted to stay on as supposedly, the fishing after that kind of weather was supposed to be good. I however, decided to leave. As i was packing up, i saw this "wall" of water about a kilometre away from us. It was bad. lol.

Those of us who had decided to leave, begun to pack up even more hurriedly. We quickly walked to the nearest shelter we could find but we were too late. We were drenched. Thankfully though, there wasn't as much wind as earlier.

We, Alex, Gary, Nigel and me, waited out the rain, then we walked all the way back to the lagoon food centre, while facing some pretty cold wind.

We thought of having a coffee, but the shop owner said that the water would take some time to be boiled so we called it a day and shared a cab home.



Other stuff that's been happening.
Games: I've begun to create maps for Command and Conquer Generals. And I've been playing that game again as of late.. haha..
Lorry Gang: Operation Roti is this Friday.
And i created this logo for our gang(Click on image for actual size).







Gary created one too. In fact, i didn't want to release this one as i tot it would make Gary's work look like it meant nothing to me. But you know Icebomb.. lol..


But more importantly. OPERATION ROTI THIS FRIDAY!!! WOOHOOO!!! haha.... I can't wait..!!! Will be testing out my new torchlights. These torchlights are damn bright let me tell you.. haha.. More to come..

No comments: