Sunday, April 03, 2005

Realtek 8139c

Alonso,Trulli, de la Rosa. My hat's off to you! Schumi and Barrichello, your new car shows great promise. Cheers to the F12005!

The new Ferrari F1 Chassis, the F12005, is excellent in the sense that it's incredibly quick and it handles well. Unfortunately because of it's premature release, it still has a few problems here and there. It also irks me that people who don't follow F1 could make comments like "I'm glad Schumacher isn't winning anymore". What do they know! When people who actually watch F1 say that they're only saying it in jest. We all love Schumie not because he keeps on winning but because he drives with great skill and never fails to put on a show.

Alonso was doing perfectly well too along with Schumie, who was giving Alonso some pressure, till Schumie's car locked up and failed to perform after that, after which he retired.

Barrichello also struggled halfway thru the race with some stunning bursts. But the new chassis, like a premature baby, still needs some refinements.

Trulli's also doing quite well with his new team after making the switch from Renault to Toyota after some personal differences with Renault's team leader.

Narain, the new Indian driver, after making a nice start, retired in lap 2 due to mechanical problems.

The man of the race however was undoubtedly Pedro de la Rosa, the man who stood in for Juan Pablo Montoya who injured himself while playing tennis, of all things. He was involved in every battle that took place throughout the race. He probably raced more than he did in his life and he set the race lap record. He put incredible pressure on everyone who stood in his way and after a few failed attempts, he pulled his way up to the near top. There was drama from him every minute of the race. A man who hadn't raced for 3 years, a sub, now a super-sub.

Also, the new rules suck. 1 engine for two races, and 1 set of tires throughout the whole race. It's stupid. Have you seen the tires at the end of the race? And sometimes even at the middle of the race. Incredibly slicked!


Anyway, with regards to the Pope. I'll pray for him. I am a Roman Catholic for those of you who don't know, and I'm darn proud of it. In fact, many of the F1 drivers did some things to show their respect for his passing. And I'm pretty proud of them. Catholicism, the religion in the world with the most followers! The Pope was a great man. Humble and caring for us till the last. He was the one to reconcile many religions together. Eternal rest grant unto him O' Lord. And let perpetual Light shine upon him. And may he rest in peace.

Channel News Asia reported that there was only 4% of Catholics in Singapore. I think that's pish! Looks at the number of churches here and the amount of masses that they hold. There has to be at least a minimum of around 13%. With a bare minumum of 10% actively attending mass.


On a different note. My Web Server is up and running with ease. It's excellent. I'm running a full server with mySQL, PostGreSQL and all the Database programs, and PHP and Apache. It's GOOD!!! I've already set up my forums and php pages. I've even got my own "leased" domain name. The only problem is that i am currently using one of two connections open to me. (A third just closed. A Pacnet DSL Connection). I'm currently using a MaxOnline 6500 connection. That unfortunately, because of it's "network" infrastructure, means that my site is only viewable by those on the network, ie Starhub. Therefore i'm trying to change it to my other connection. A Lan-enabled DSL connection thru Singnet. Then everything will be fine. Once i test out the waters, I'll be changing to a 3Mbit connection for SOHO so that the world can see my server and i will begin my web hosting services for a very cheap fee. Something around $3 a month for 200Mb of space, with the early birds maybe getting 300Mb, all the usual stuff. PHP, MySQL, etc.... Anyone interested can contact me at "fusionstream AT gmail DOT com". Ppl who are on the Starhub network can also view my site at fusionstream.dyndns.org Remember, for the moment, only those on the Starhub Network.

And all this while i haven't even finished my STSC project and i have a test i haven't even studied for that's on tuesday. Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cannot be 25% la... Too much.. 10% I believe...

I remember the most dominant religion in Singapore is Taoism. Just look at the amount of haze they create each year. Ha! Ha!

FusionStream said...

haha... you're probably right.. :p