Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Radio Interview Part 1

Headed down to mediacorp for a radio interview for PICA(The board game project we created during FYP). Phui Yung's supervisor was in charge of the thing so she scheduled this (She's interned at MediaCorp).

Took a taxi cuz I was late and ended up tumpang-ing Weili and Gary who I saw on the side of the road.

Me, Wei Li, Gary

Camwhore!

Entered the MediaCorp gates a.l.a "The Sum Of All Fears" and headed down to RSI. We passed by the live 93.8 studio which was basically made of glass. This made me want to see the 987 studio where Muttons In The Morning was on especially after they pulled that stunt about having Beckham on the line. Neh neh la! lol

Tap N Go (or something)

We headed deep underground and entered the studio. It felt like a bunker and my ears began to ring from the sheer quiet.

♪ Nobody said it was easy... ♪

We were interviewed by this University Intern named Su Ling.

It was all in Mandarin so I was like "huh? yea. erm.. yea".

I only said a "Hi. My name is... and I do the..." and a "What I learnt was..." in English.

The thing is, I believe the rear part of the interview was not recorded. Particularly because the timecode had stopped and because Su Ling looked a bit shocked when at the end of the interview, she went to "stop" the recording.

So that meant that the only recording of my voice was the "Hi. My name is... and I do the...".

The last I heard, my voice was totally removed and Su Ling introduced me herself.

Apparently the only cafeteria at Mediacorp

Will update with broadcast timing or podcast link once I get more info.

No comments: