Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Last Samurai

I had the weirdest dream last nite but to protect my reputation I won't explain further. I just thought it to be my duty to inform my loyal blog reader(s) that I am human and not a bot who does not have dreams.

ok.. that was lame.. but I'm pretty busy now with things that would be incredibly boring to blog about...

Also, if you notice, the stuff on my sidemenu has changed. Links to my flickr account and new syndication feeds and such..

Anywayz....

I just rewatched The Last Samurai again.

It's a rather sad show... It's about the extinction of a very honourable subculture, i.e. the Samurai culture.

I dunnoe if the story has some truth in it, like whether a white dude really joined forces with the Samurai in a war that may or may not even have occured.

The point of this post anywayz is to point out something that I noticed the second time around. Besides the fact that the show was fucking brilliant in almost every imaginable way except that there were no chicks and that it brought a guy like me to the verge of tearing(not crying mind you), besides all that, the show has one underlying and subliminal message which may or may not have been put in by the author on purpose.

Imperialism.

When a White dude influences a Chinese dude, it can be considered as Imperialism.
When a White dude can do everything a Chinese dude can do and then some, it can be considered as Imperialism.

That's about all I can remember actually. I read about this from some article and it got me thinking.

It's one of those articles that when explained to you makes perfect sense but when you think about it on your own, it doesn't and more often that not, you forget how it all originally worked out. Much like the guy who explained why the new millenium shld be celebrated in the year 2001 instead of 2000... Don ask me how. Like I said earlier, I forget. lol

Regardless, for all intents and purposes, it's a good show to keep in your archives.

Daily Weekly Postly Links
Popular toys of the century : link @ www.msnbc.msn.com/
Guy dates his mom : link @ entertainment.tv.yahoo.com
Geek quotes(damn funny) : link @ arloo.blogspot.com

No comments: