Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Jacqueline's BDay

The other day was Jacqueline's birthday party at the Aloha beach resort and might i say. That place was FUCKING BIG!!! lol. Think of having four hotel sized bedrooms, plus a living room plus a kitchen plus garden space.. argghh.. just see the drawing.. :p i like drawing!!! heehee...



Whether each room had a toilet i'm not sure but i know that at least two of them did.



But first, a little history on who Jacqueline is. Jacqueline's my cousin from my dad's side of the family. (duh!)

We're like acquaintances. We got introduced too late i guess. lol.

I'm kinda busy rite now so i won't go into details..

The highlights was that the Satay was damn nice, an MP by the name of Mr Teo Chee Hian graced the event while i stuck a camera in his way like the papparazi. Then there was the put-a-string-thru-your-clothes game which everyone seemed to enjoy. And then there was the brave soul, Philana, who sacrificed herself to the karaoke machine to get the party "going" and i use "going" very loosely. lol.

I had seen this girl earlier all alone talking to one of uncles who was cooking the satay. When this uncle came back, he told me, "Go talk to her lah." Now, i have this bad habit of not doing things when people tell me to do them, regardless of whether it's good for me or not. So i made up some crap excuse [it really was crappy] which i assume she heard and I left the area and pretended to do other stuff. Within about 5 minutes, i was kicking myself in the head.

This girl was cute and looked pretty mature. She was also always smiling. She wore a blouse and pants(the name of which i forget) that made her look something like an innocent girl next door. With hindsight, compared to what everyone else was wearing, she looked a bit odd.. heehee.

About half an hour later, food was about to be served and i happened to pass her by but she turned away pretty damn fast as if she was disgusted. Who'd blame her, i was pretty disgusted at myself right about then anyway. I was pretty rude if you asked me.

Anyway, stuff happened and then the minister came. Everytime i had the camera pointed at him, he was smiling. Albeit, a bit akwardly. lol.

If I was a minister, I'd just be myself. I know some people want to differentiate themselves from their "office". I don't give a rat's ass about that.. It's too tiring if you ask me. No offence sir! heehee.

Soon it was time for the games, so the first game was something about... heehee. I'll stop right here. It's my mom's trademark game you see... :p

Anywayz, ever notice how everytime, during games, there must be some jokers who decide that they don't want to "play" so they start to "coordinate and assist" the people that are playing? It's hilarious actually. The girl that I was talking about earlier was one of them. Before the games had begun, she was near the "front of the pack". By game's end, she was right at the back, coordinating.. wahaha.

Everyone seemed to have lotsa fun with that game. However, my dad, the emcee, had to stop before starting another game because my cousin's Dad wanted to cut the cake because the minister was leaving soon.

So, the cut was cake, (duh!!!) and everyone who was important took pictures with the minister and Jacqueline.

Soon after that, the minister left and I had to video him leaving and signing Jacqueline's guest book. If ever there was a harder task for a cameraman it was to have to put down a half eaten cake and rush to the main entrance to taek a video only to find out that there is not enough light but by the time u turn the "night-vision" on (which isn't very long), there are more people standing in front of you and blocking your view.

Anywayz, i followed him right to his var nd it was pretty akward, my uncle - the host-, didn't reay wlk with him so much as followed hm from behind. Then when the minister reached his car(which he was driving), he stopped. Turned 180 degrees, and faced us. Then he said good bye.

It was like the olden times when protocols and timing had to be followed to the letter.. so farny sia!! haha..

When we got back, my dad tried to start more games but the mood was already lost. Nobody wanted to do anything...

Then about half an hour later, this brave girl, the one i was talking about earlier, came forward and asked my mom, the "DJ" (after my brother had cabut-ted from his post), if she could pick a song to sing on the karaoke machine.

So my dad announced "Give a hand to this brave girl, Philana!". I had finally found out her name. I'm not too sure how you spell her name but i think that's the correct spelling.

She sang "The Greatest Love". And when she opened her mouth, by God, it was beautiful. To put it as accurately as possible, she had a... woman voice.

That's the best i could describe it as. Her voice was soulful and unwavering. I think if she had joined Singapore Idol she would've won, or at least got second (Sylvester sux!!! lol).

Needless to say, I was bloody shocked man. In fact, i began to kick myself even harder this time. Everybody else brought their chairs from the dining tables and other areas to the karaoke machine and listened to her singing.

I sat in MY chair, and began to feel even more lost. In fact, i couldn't take it anymore that i called up Ice to plan our trip to Changi Boardwalk next Saturday just get my mind off her.

At least some "good" came from the party in terms of benefitting me.

I finally planned out the Changi Boardwalk trip next Saturday night. It was to be an overnight trip with Ice and some other guys. Then the next day, Ice and I were to go for a boat trip with the rest of the Lorry Gang(next post).

I also met my a cousin of mine that i didn't know existed.. :p Celestine's her name... :p And "met" her sister too, Adelene.

I wanted to go and talk with Philana after she had sung but she was sitting right in front of everyone. It would've made me si beh paiseh to go up and sit with her. Before i even had a chance to swallow what little pride i had, she got up, said goodbye to her friends, and left.

Nah behz.. "Never again man", I told myself.. Never again....

I went home(to the chalet my uncle had given us) and set my mind on the next day. Fishing... :p
Nothing much to say except that i caught some small fish... And that my rod broke... :(

So i bought another one(exact same model) the same day... And it broke during my boat trip, a week later(see next post).

Next post: James' Boat trip

4 comments:

me said...

hey shawn!

lols.. i didn't know you're fusionstream. soo sorry about that! thank you so much for your wonderful help!

^__^

Philana is my primary school mate, haha.. well, you have still a chance ya know. *winks*

btw, there are 5 toilets.. 4 in each bedroom and 1 beside the kitchen. kekekeke..

FusionStream said...

wa.. cialat.. who is this sia.. i damn paiseh liao leh... wahaha... :p

FusionStream said...

ahhh!!! i noe who liao!!! wah lao.. even more embarrased now sia!!! arggh!!!!

cialat.. must go hide my face liao.. lol...

me said...

hahaha... no need paiseh...

so how, need me to help? kekeke..

=P