Friday, September 16, 2005

Small FK Gathering.

So I'll be fishing with some people from the FishingKaki forum tmr. Will be fishing at Bedok Jetty. I haven't been there for a while now. The last time i was there, i had some pretty good results with sandworms. Think Chermin!! lol.

So first thing tmr I'll be meeting Nigel and this guy named Fukeong to go to beach road to sign up for Premium Kaki and for Nigel to get his reel re-spooled. Gary changed his mind cuz he wanted to spend some time with his wife. I didn't even know that he was going to join us tmr actually.. haha.. I couldn't get my email u see. haha.. Anywayz, he called me up today just to let me know. That's when i learnt of his new rig!! haha.. He's a pretty technical guy I'll give u that.. haha..

I remember back when i used to do that. Make really technical rigs that is. I very rarely came back with fish though. haha.. Blame it on the timing or watever, but needless to say, i rarely do that nowadays. haha..

About the PremiumKaki membership, to be honest, the goodie bag was what got me.. haha.. Although i'll probably won't even make it in time to collect 'em before they run out.

And there's the little thing about TPFC(Temasek Poly Fishing Club). If you ask me, those guys are pushing a little too hard for members with nothing to offer. Combine combine. It's a bit too much if u ask me even though it's sorta understandable. Nevertheless, i explained my position cuz numerous people kept making me and Ice the topic of conversation about how we would supposedly get "torn apart" when deciding which fishing group we would go with in the event that both "clubs" had fishing events on the same day. You see, I'm also a part of another fishing group, "The Lorry Gang". They're basically a extremely fun bunch of guys and one of them owns a Lorry. Go figure.

I know I probably shouldn't be dissing my own club this way but i just wanna make it clear that all these supposed incidents that are bound to occur, never will. Good intentions or not, I tot i might take my friendly post and post it here..

Well, I think i might just have a little say now since that Ice has sorta brought me in...

Quite frankly, I'll go and fish with the people that i had made plans first. It's as simple as that. I don't mean to cause any disrespect or seem rude to anyone but that's how i feel.

If there are other mitigating cursumstances, then i may reconsider.

Other than that, it's quite simple. If i made plans with one side means i'm busy and if I'm busy means i can't attend the other side's event, IF the event falls on the same day.

Tightlines to everyone. I hope we all can catch some really good fish tmr. And even if we don't, i hope we can all be friends. Very Happy

Cheers.


That's when Vin gave me his cheers(see below).. haha..
Super Applause

Oddly enough, i didn't get anything from TPFC. lol..

Truth be told, i haven't fished with TPFC at all. To the best of my knowledge, they've had only one fishing event
since their inception and that was a Kelong fishing trip. Kelong fishing isn't for me rite now. I mean, i didn't pay to get into a club just to pay to go fish somewhere else.

The Lorry gang on the other hand(which is free btw), i've fished with once before and we all had a really great time. I've also fished with about half of the Lorry Gang people before but not in the name of the Lorry Gang.

Icebomb was really the one who combined us from Vin's car outing into this big Lorry Gang when we went on a very enjoyable boat trip. The catch wasn't really great on that boat trip but for some reason, everybody seemed to enjoy it. Mainly because of the company.

I originally met Vin, Gary, and BirdmanSim because Icebomb invited me for some fishing. And i had met Icebomb thru our first TPFC outing. In fact, i probably wouldn't have even met them because i actually had a class at Informatics that day. But the class was cancelled.

Then i met the original Lorry Gang, because Icebomb had backed me into a corner to book a boat trip, which i gotta thank him for though. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have even gone on that boat trip. I'm more or less lazy u see.. :p But his enthusiasm got to me. Then for some reason, everyone enjoyed at that boat trip themselves so much that we got absorbed into the Lorry Gang. It was also because of Ice's enthusiasm.. :D

Weiyee and Hellgeese who were also on that boat trip, would've been included in this Lorry Gang too but they sorta disappeared from the forums soon after that boat trip. lol. A hiatus probably. :D

Anwayz, gotta prepare for tmr. Good nite, and Cheers! :D

No comments: