Monday, September 27, 2004

Today

I screwed up big time. Today's OC presentation didn't go too well. I forgot my lines and the layout wasn't flowy enough. Considering, however, that i did everything last night, well... Not bad actually. But that's not the point. I kept making references to the screen. It was all I could do not repeat what could have been found on the screen. On a side note, i think i should have given more examples of how those people were killed. It seemed the part of an attention-getter. The odd thing was that i was not in the least nervous. That surprised me too. My friends said that i quivered at some parts. Although i couldn't recall it, thinking back, it may have been possible at those parts where i had forgotten what to say. The joke of it all, was that my lecturer apparently believed that i was nervous because I put my thumbs in my pockets... C'mon lah. I always do that. Even in the train I do that. Even if I didn't do that all the time, i highly doubt that that means one is nervous. Even commercials do that lor.

WeiZhen got caught in my trap. I asked her a question and she affirmed it. Unfortunately, eager to please and appease, she commited herself to that answer without conviction. i.e. Don't say things that you don't believe in. The complications are usually the similar to other negative actions. On the other hand, i do believe she meant what she said there so most probably the error was in the powerpoint itself. Must have been eager to fill up the slides eh? Sorry Wei Zhen. I had to do it. No hard feelings?

Kah Peng on the other hand did rather well. She spoke fluently and with utter conviction. Well at least it seemed like that. Bravo.

Josel did a fine job in disguising and hiding her nervousness thru misdirection. It was CK in fact who pointed out to me that her hands were quivering. I was astonished by the fact that her voice showed no indication of it whatsoever. Jolly good. Cheers.

Sigh.... My Windows applications keep on crashing on me. So much for the triangle of software. Microsoft seems to be leaning to neither security, ease of use, nor functionality. Odd indeed.

No comments: