Tuesday, March 04, 2008

ironies

My Chinese New Year celebration was fraught with ironies and oddities that I simply must share.

Firstly, my lucky draw number was 123. It is STATISTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to win with the number 123 as my 'lucky number'.

Then there was the official photographer who won a camera in the lucky draw.

Not forgetting of course the getai singers, one with a beer belly and another with a double chin so big, you could fit a small infant inside.

These are the little things that I experience in my journey as an NSF. Things that I'll tell my kids are reasons to look forward to NS. Things that without me and my comrades having been bored out of our skulls would have annoyed us all at the sheer absurdity of it all.

I can speak no more for the last parade calls me. With a trumpet nonetheless. Formalities and ironies. These make up my life.

No comments: