Sunday, December 10, 2006

Family Dinner

So my dad treated us to dinner yesterday at an old haunt casually known as Upper Thompson. Very funny that The Straits Times should run an article on it. Anywayz, they missed out the best shop there! The Everybody-Has-Rice-And-Shares-The-Dishes stall.


The stall used to have great Sambal Kangkong but their standard for that dish has since dropped. They also changed their Chilli Crab recipe a few years back and although it's slightly different, it still tastes really good.

SHIOK! Crab Roe
SHIOK! Fried Chicken
2 of the many dishes




Only ten hold the
secret.
The others misplaced
theirs
.

My stomach's been a tad weak lately. So I only ate one pincer from the crab. Near the end of the meal I had to go make some extra space but even after I cleared room, I was still full and so were the rest, so we tapao-ed the rest of the crab and Sweet and Sour pork ribs.

This sucker's body is the
length of 3 Nokia 6280s
More yummy food.



The amount of Crab roe was quite a fair bit this time round as you can see from the picture below. There were two of these sacs plus whole pieces still floating around in the sauce.


Lotsa Crab Roe!



I used to release these
buggers by the dozen when
fishing because I found them
smelly. But NO MORE! lol.

Afterwards, we went to checkout the new IKEA. The inroad was very long and was jam packed with no outroad nearby. We didn't go in though cuz my dad hates crowds so I'll be checking it out with the guys this Saturday after we go to the Cosplay thingy at Expo(They want to check the costumes out, I want to laugh at the wearers :P).

All I can say is that the place is extremely huge and I've only seen something like this in other countries. i.e. Malaysia.

That's just a small part of the building.


There's another building nearby that belongs to Courts and is big but not as huge as Ikea's.

Courts Megastore

There's yet another building (and this one is huge) that belongs to Giant. It's still being constructed though.

Sad to say that all my secret fishing spots seem to have developments going on nearby. I guess I was never destined to enjoy exclusivity.

No comments: