Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Overnight @ ECP

Went for night cycling with the guys the other day at East Coast Park.

I cycled there and ended up waiting for them for like forever cuz they got lost. Lol. I even cycled the entire stretch of ECP looking for them(only to find out later they were lost outside of ECP).

I brought my own bike but the rest rented their bikes for $10 for the whole night.

The "ancient" Cable-Ski park
The guys eating supper


After we saw the whole ECP, we headed to Changi but not before making a detour to see Gary's workplace and his and Weili's primary school friend's house, which was like in the center of a roundabout on the main road. After that, Gary wanted to eat so we went to a coffee shop near his workplace that was open 24 hours.

Home-Made Noodles
Angry Smoker

After that we left for Changi. However, some of the guys were getting very lethargic and after stopping at the bus stop, shown below, which was like half way between ECP and my house (distance between Changi and my house is twice the distance between ECP and my house), I realized that they'd never make it in time. So we decided to go back and stake it out at Macdonalds.

The bus stop of Sloth

At Macdonalds, Sam decided to play with his food and come up with new concepts for increasing Macdonalds' sales. He presented this to the cashier who promptly stuffed her finger in Sam's donut hole.

Sam and his Donut Burger

Macdonalds is cold at 6am in the morning but many of the guys still drank cold drinks.

Sam describes the Donut Hole
Jinghao's towel fetish
Gary
Roy

Everybody was getting a little sleepy just because we were sitting down. In fact, my butt was beginning to get too comfortable on the seat. It was bad for me because I still had to cycle home and if my butt felt comfortable here, it would begin to feel painful on the bike seat.

Yours Truly
Jinghao getting sleepy
Sam sleeping and eating
Gary measuring mouth size

Those who were not used to pulling overnighters began to slowly give in. It would seem that staying up all night playing DOTA versus staying up all night doing labourous work were 2 entirely different things. doh

Sam gives in to sleep
Roy prays for Sam
Gary thinking deeply
Jinghao has turned to stone

At about 7.30 am we went out to "cycle" but ended up passing by the shop and saw a lot of people waiting to return their bikes so the rest of the guys gave in and decided to go return their bikes so they could go home. But we found out that the shop hadn't opened yet so we cycled to a nearby bench and sat down and relaxed.

A trap set by Jinghao and Weili. lol

I followed them all the way bus stop and so ended up cycling further than I usually had to to get home. I passed by an Esso station and bought mineral water which only costed 50cents. Back to the good ole days of cheap water.

50cent water


I managed to get back home in one piece but the sun greatly drained my strength and it took me twice as long. Even more so with that aching butt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like I'm the only guy who's not sleepy at all. Ha! Ha!

FusionStream said...

don't forget me.. lol