Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What a day...

Mr Ho Chee Meng took me out for lunch the other day. We were supposed to discuss the issue that I had snailMailed him about. Apparently, the entire conversation was complete before we even reached the food centre.

He sent me back to school after that where I played CS throughout the whole lesson. Towards the end though, I kept having to go to the toilet. Diarhoeaa style. I had to go do number 2 about every five minutes

Anywayz, I made one last stop before I left school for the MRT(Mass Rapid Transit [Train]). By the time I reached the Station, I needed to go again but because the train was going to be there very soon, I decided to hold it in. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Throughout the entire 1 hour train ride I ended up getting many "penetration" attempts and at about the 15 minute mark. I was sitting, bent over with my forefingers at my temples.

When I finally reached my stop, I immediately went to the toilets nearby and proceeded to "get it all out". Unfortunately, just when I tot I was done, more started to come out. About 20 minutes had passed with me standing then squatting then standing again over the bowl(squatting type).

A number of times while standing up I felt like passing out but I focused my mind and managed to maintain consciousness.

After giving up on ever releasing everything, I decided to hold in anything else that was about to come out and head straight for the doctors'. I had by now SMSed my mom to get a cab and wait for me at a nearby road. As I was washing my hands at the sink, I felt the need to throw up.

Now, I'm the kind of person that can hold back his vomit at will. But I reasoned that if I was feeling this bad, maybe throwing up was a good thing.

The throwing up in itself was a good thing. But my enthusiasm probably was a bad thing. I ended up throwing up 5-6 times where one of them lasted for about 5 seconds straight. I could hardly breathe. The last or second last one also had some blood in it.

After composing myself, I walked to the main road where my mom was supposed to be waiting for me but because she wasn't, I asked a nice man who was just getting on to the taxi if I could tumpang (hitch a ride with) him to a nearby clinic(also near my house). He was kind enough to say OK.

I called my mom while on the way and she said she hadn't noticed the sms but would meet me at the clinic. By now I was in great pain and even more discomfort.

It turned out that the clinic wasn't due to be opened for another half hour. I had three options.
1) Wait for it to open
2) Go to another nearby clinic without my medical records
3) A & E at a nearby hospital

Number 3 was scratched out because my previous experience there ended up with me waiting over an hour with a splitting headache for medical attention. And besides, many others also mentioned that that hospital sucked.

Being the typical lazy Singaporean that I was, number 2 also was scratched out.

I ended up waiting for the clinic to open but not before making a quick pitstop to my home to drop more liquid bombs.

When I reached the doctor's office, it turned out I was fifth in line. After making another pitstop, this time to the toilet in the doctor's office, and some presuasion, I was promoted to patient number 1.

The doctor diagnosed me with The Gastric Flu, but hell, it felt like something much worse. I felt weak all over, I had to frequently shit, had a headache, felt dizzy.

The doc gave me a jab to stop the vomitting and some pills to stop the diarhoeaa..

After much discomfort and slowly disintegrating pain, I'm much much better now thanks to God and modern medicine.

Postly Links
[Videos - Fishing] - Fish galore (No rod needed)

No comments: