Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Teacher's Day.

Today was an interesting day. I woke up at 6 after sleeping at 11... Now I know some of you might say that's nothing but in case you're too ignorant to know, every person has his own minimum hours of mandatory sleep. And mine is 8. lol.

Got ready and took the bus to my old secondary school and it was surprisingly empty.
Then it struck me, how incredibly big the difference is between going from my home to my old secondary school, and the time it takes to go to my new school, Singapore Poly. I wonder would it have been more fun if i had just gone to TP. I know it's just the euphoria of seeing old frens but that question never has stopped nagging in my mind since i applied to SP. Then i remember why i even chose it. My teacher had suggested it saying it had the best track record for graduates.

So anyway i was supposed to meet Wing Tong at 8.45 but he was late. I saw some other old classmates across the road waiting for some other ppl i guess so i walked over to them. Then i realised i had forgotten their names. haha. So I just said 'Hi!" haha.

We realised that some of us hadn't gotten anything for the teachers. So following the tradition that my good friend started and i stupidly didn't buy into, some of us bought a 6-pack of Tiger for Mr Ranjit Singh, the best English teacher out there. And probably one of the funniest. I learnt the phrase Fuck-A-Spider from this guy.. We all did. haha.

So we went in after that and we discovered this stupid security post where everyone has to give his details like it's a bloody condo.

We went upstairs to look for the teachers in the hall as they were having a concert there at that moment. We saw some old teachers including Mr Ranjit who playfully scolded us for buying him beer. haha..

We also saw our principal, Mr Neo, who was all smiles and noted that our batch of students was the best batch ever and because of us, our school was value added. He also said the standards were going up there.

It was also kinda akward that none of us wished Mr Bang, our Vice Principal. I would've done it myself but Wei Yee gave Mr Neo a sunflower but didn't give any to Mr Bang. lol.

And up until now i was sweating like nobody's business, and i looked like an idiot.. haha.. It was freaking hot.

I, having the master key for all the doors in one of the blocks, snuck a peek at an empty classroom just to get that feel back. I just feel more at home with a class of 40. Odd? I know.

After that, I went to take a look up at my old AVA Room and saw that more or less it looked the same. It just didn't feel the same. Everybodys' changed too. Everybodys' got new hairstyles. The kids that used to be in sec 1 while I was around now have grown up and look AND act differently.

Anyway chatted a while with some old frens ad realised that mny actually didn't like Malcolm Tessensohn. This guy is the quintesential role model for a spy. This guy actively pretends to be frens with you and then proceeds to inform other people about what you have said in a manner that makes it sound bad. He esp loves to inform teachers. The bastard.

Nothing much actually happened today. Went out for lunch with some of those old frens and then we went our separate ways, with talk of keeping in touch. haha.

But i really miss those guys. Those were the fun times. I'm not saying that poly sucks through and through but secondary has a higher ratio of good stuff to bad stuff as compared with poly life.

Lol.

Favourite teachers: (not in order of preference)
Mdm Shareena
Mr Shahril
Mrs Saini(when not teaching. lol)
Mr Tan .......(forgot his full name)
Mr Ranjit Singh.
Mr Kevin Tan
Mr Azam.


FusionStream, out.

No comments: