Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Langkawi(June 2005) - Day 1

Wahaha... Just came back from my trip in Langkawi. Well, not exactly... My com's been a pain the in the arse lately and I only just discovered that the culprit was my RAM Module... Gonna get it changed soon. So anyway, here's my semi-visual account of the trip. In fact, right now, I'm trying most of this from my dad's laptop. And guess wat. Of all things, my touchpad(the mouse) suddenly decided to crash.. haha.. Anyway, here goes. My attempt at proving that I'm a good photographer... :p Sorry if any pictures seems outta shape... After making the pics smaller, i still had to manually adjust the width and height parameters thru this blog. To see a bigger but not-original-sized version of the picture, click on the picture and drag-and-drop it onto the address .bar



We got on the plane at gate f32 after it was delayed for an hour and a half.



After getting into the waiting area with some trouble(mother discovered she had overlooked a second nailclipper in her bag. As a result, passport was taken and scanned and she's now probably blacklisted by Harry Lee and his Gahmen. :p), i decided to take some photos.
note to self: This is also where i wasted all my shots on pictures i told myself i'd never be able to take again. :p Thankfully, i'm not going to be showing all of 'em.

I probably won't be showing my little sis' pix here. I did have so many nice pictures of her and with her inside. It's all becuz of asshole sexual predators like Trevor who if you remember from one of my previous posts, asked me for my friends' numbers to ask for sex. He even pretended to know one of them, the fucking asshole. When asked how he knew her he said they were old frens. Then when i told him she had a boyfriend he said, "never mind lah." In fact, I only realised that he probably got her name from the links from my blog when he couldn't give me any more details about her. He's a cunning fuckbag with no morals.


Anywayz, back to the story....
They allowed us to board according to seat number and pretty soon after, the plane started it's take-off. duh! I actually took 50 still shots as the plane taxied down the runway but i think that that will probably take too long to load :p so i ain't gonna show 'em. Not even as a stop-shot animation. ... We left at around 6+pm on that Friday evening.



Pretty soon we took off(no duh!). I've gotten used to the Gs now.. I used to be afraid cuz on my first flight i was to excited to notice any Gs. But on my second airplane ride, the novelty had worn off and i began to notice those Gs and thus i tot the plane had something wrong.. haha....





Somehow or rather i always find airplane food to be the best even if it's simple local delights. It always tastes more, complete.


Some pics from up in the air: (the gray stuff at the top of some pix are clouds, not part of the window)


We arrived at the airport late in the evening....

Here's a pointer for yer. Always tip your, erm, server. They guy/gal who's serving you, always tip 'em. I personnally hate ppl who make u do work then don't want to tip you. If you get a "Thank You" that's one thing but if you don't get squat... Damn them....

Which is exactly why i tipped my bellboy... :p It kinda made me feel grown up.... haha. :p

We decided to go and grab a quick bite from the chalet's restaurant.

As we were walking over, we saw opne damn big nut fall from a tree and onto someone's car and it gave a nice big dent.... :p I swear that if i had been under that thing you'd have a hard time telling me apart from Yong Guang...! :-)


When we reached the restaurant we realised that their buffet was 50RM and a number of their dishes had already been removed..

We then decided to go for a 'la carte meals instead...
I, being the person that i am decided to have ice cream(a banana split) for dinner, my Dad had Indonesian Nasi Goreng and my bro and mom had some italian dish with cabonara for sauce. Now let's just say that the ice cream that i got was somewhat sub standard....

It was damn soft, u know, the touch n' melt kind... Imagine a milk shake, but even softer... My dad said that if I opened my mouth to complain that it would surely come back with spit hidden under the whip cream... :p

Now my bro's cabonara was salty, very, very salty. You wouldn't be blamed if you tot that one of the cooks had dropped a packet of salt in it. Nonetheless, i liked it.. haha....

My Dad's Nasi Goreng looked, well, like a very healthy and not-oily, fried rice. Haha... But i tell you, when i tasted it, it nearly set my hair on fire. It wasn't so spicy hot that i couldn't tahan it but it caught me by surprise that it was so hot esp when i didn't see any chilli. That's when i vaguely recalled the waitress saying something about lada putih, or White Chilli. But on the whole, it was very nice actually.

After din din my mom went to enquire about our rooms becuz the travel agent my mom had patronised was apparently supposed to give us a real good chalet, with couches and stuff. The agent had said that she'd request one for us but apparently she didn't request hard enough becuz we weren't able to get it....

END OF DAY 1

No comments: